IHOP® Restaurants Kicks Off Breakfast-For-A-Year Sweepstakes As Part Of 60th Anniversary Celebration
The Brand Adds the First Three New International Pancake Flavors to its Spring Menu and Launches an International Passport Challenge on the IHOP Mobile App For a Chance to Win Weekly Prizes
GLENDALE, Calif. - March 12, 2018 // PRNewswire // - Today, IHOP® Restaurants announces the launch of the "IHOP for a Year" giveaway where one lucky, pancake-loving guest will nab the ultimate prize - daily breakfast for free at IHOP for a year*. For a chance to win, guests simply need to download the IHOP Mobile App, which launched earlier this year, and track their progress in trying the newest line-up of globally-inspired pancakes by uploading a photo. The International Passport Challenge runs now through June 10, 2018 with $25 gift cards being given out weekly and one grand prize winner selected at random on or around June 14, 2018. Guests can find the official rules on IHOP.com.
The introduction of "International Pancakes" to the brand's Spring Menu is part of the brand's 60th anniversary celebration and a nod to its iconic name - The International House of Pancakes - which was shortened to "IHOP" in 1973. The International Pancake line-up highlights local flavors found around the world, with new flavors being introduced throughout 2018. The first three pancakes to be revealed include:
- Mexican Tres Leches - Four world-famous Buttermilk Pancakes are transformed into "three milks" bread when they are layered and topped with creamy vanilla sauce, then topped with more vanilla sauce and a drizzle of Dulce de Leche caramel sauce
- Belgian Dark Chocolate Mousse - Four luscious chocolate pancakes take a trip to Belgium where they are filled with chocolate chips and layered with a creamy Belgian dark chocolate mousse, then topped with more mousse and chocolate chips
- English Sticky Toffee - Four world famous Buttermilk Pancakes turn British when they are filled with crunchy English toffee and layered with salted toffee mousse, then topped with salted caramel sauce and even more crunchy English toffee
"For IHOP's milestone 60th year, we wanted to celebrate the diversity of flavors and culinary traditions from around the world, and put our own signature twist on them, doing what we do best - PANCAKES!" said Chef Nevielle Panthaky, Vice President of Culinary at IHOP. "Our new International Pancake line-up champions regionally-driven tastes and iconic ingredients, like the luscious Mexican Tres Leches Pancakes with notes of sweet vanilla and caramel; the Rich Belgian Dark Chocolate Pancakes with layers of dark chocolate mousse and rich chocolate pieces; and the sweet, salty and crunchy English Sticky Toffee Pancakes. This line-up truly is all about Pancakes, Pancakes, Pancakes!"
Also added to the IHOP Spring Menu, which is in restaurants today, is the newly-created category IHOP Creations. Reflecting some of today's biggest food trends and delivering great tasting breakfast-inspired delicacies all day long, the new menu features IHOP® Signature Pancake Sliders, two silver dollar sliders made with Original Buttermilk Pancakes and filled with a scrambled egg omelette (made with a splash of Buttermilk & wheat pancake batter), turkey sausage, hickory smoked bacon and American cheese all topped with sweet maple glaze. Additional IHOP Creations include the Ultimate Waffle Stack, Buttermilk Biscuit & Gravy, Homestyle Corned Beef Hash, Southwest Scramble, and the Create Your Own Melt.
For 60 years, IHOP has been bringing guests together with family and friends over made-to-order breakfast foods and more, from distinctive omelettes, to savory hickory-smoked bacon and of course, the brand's world-famous Original Buttermilk Pancakes -- served all day, every day.
The Mexican Tres Leches, Belgian Dark Chocolate and English Sticky Toffee pancakes are available this spring at participating IHOP restaurants nationwide** and can be enjoyed on their own or as part of a breakfast combo with a choice of eggs, bacon, ham, pork sausage links, hash browns and more. Guests can visit IHOP.com to find their nearest IHOP location and join the breakfast movement.
Additional information on the International Passport Challenge, International Pancakes or other new menu items, including photos, is available by contacting AShapiro@devriesglobal.com.
* International Passport Challenge rules: To enter the sweepstakes, which ends on June 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET, guests must try all three of the international pancakes, and upload a photograph of each to the IHOP mobile app. After uploading all three photos, guests will have the opportunity to submit their passport for entry into the sweepstakes to win IHOP meals for a year. Additionally, a $25 gift card will be awarded to one participant on a weekly basis. The grand prize winner will be announced on or around June 14, 2018. See IHOP.com for official rules.
** Offer, price and participation varies by location.
About International House Of Pancakes, LLC
For 60 years, IHOP has been a leader, innovator and expert in all things breakfast, any time of day. The chain offers 65 different signature, fresh, made-to-order breakfast options, a wide selection of popular lunch and dinner items. IHOP restaurants offer guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. Today, there are more than 1,750 IHOP restaurants around the world, including restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam as well as Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, Lebanon, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar, Thailand, India and The Philippines. IHOP restaurants are franchised by affiliates of Glendale, Calif.-based Dine Brands Global, Inc. (NYSE: DIN)
About Dine Brands Global, Inc.
Based in Glendale, California, Dine Brands Global, Inc. (NYSE: DIN), through its subsidiaries, franchises restaurants under both the Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar and IHOP brands. With more than 3,700 restaurants combined in 18 countries and over 380 franchisees, Dine Brands is one of the largest full-service restaurant companies in the world. For more information on Dine Brands, visit the Company's website located at www.dinebrands.com
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances