Cousins Subs Helps Four Nonprofit Organizations Make It Better By Donating A Total of $6,000 in Grants
Funding supports life-changing programs that improve hunger and education
July 21, 2020 // Franchising.com // MILWAUKEE - Cousins Subs® today announced four nonprofit organizations as recipients of a combined $6,000 in grants through its Make It Better Foundation. Funding will help offset the cost of life-changing programs that address the vital community needs of hunger and education.
“Cousins Subs is proud to be Local at Heart,” said Justin McCoy, Vice President of Marketing at Cousins Subs and Vice President of the Make It Better Foundation. “We’re passionate about supporting organizations that help make our communities better, and we look forward to seeing the positive impact our funding will make in the communities we call home.”
The four recipients of a grant from the Make It Better Foundation include:
- Cluster Tutoring Program - The nonprofit organization will use its $1,640 grant to purchase 10 tablets for its Ready Readers program, which provides Chicago-area students in grades K-3 with 60 minutes of activities designed to build critical reading skills.
- Germantown Youth Futures - A $750 grant will help cover the cost of materials used to build an Alcohol Escape Room, which is part of the organization’s Drug Use Prevention & Positive Youth Development Project. The Escape Room teaches youth the effects alcohol has on the body, how much alcohol is in a standard drink, the meaning of blood alcohol content levels and peer refusal strategies.
- HeartLove Place, Inc. - The nonprofit organization will use its $1,500 grant to purchase fresh food, cooking supplies and uniforms for its ProStart Program, which is a 10-week program that provides 200 hours of culinary training and a ServSafe certification. An additional $110 will be donated to buy Cousins Subs branded aprons for all program participants to wear during culinary instruction.
- Wisconsin Veterans Network - A $2,000 grant will provide food for up to 450 low-income, hungry veterans and their families through the Intake, Assessment and Advocacy Program.
Since the inception of the Make It Better Foundation in 2013, Cousins Subs has supported its local communities through monetary donations to nonprofits, education scholarships and food aid. To date, the foundation has donated more than $512,000 to 107 benefiting nonprofit organizations.
About Cousins Subs
Wisconsin-based Cousins Subs®, a family-owned, fast casual sub shop established in 1972 by Bill Specht and his cousin, is driven by the mission to Believe in Better - both in the quality of food it serves and in the communities it supports. Cousins Subs and its franchisees operate nearly 100 sub sandwich shops in Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana, providing guests with quality deli fresh and made to order grilled subs using only the freshest ingredients on its signature bread baked daily.
About The Make It Better Foundation
Established in 2013, the Make It Better Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization that aims to improve the general welfare and quality of life in the communities Cousins Subs serves. The foundation is dedicated to funding three areas of interest that are vital to any community: health and wellness, hunger and youth education. Since its inception, the Make It Better Foundation has awarded more than $512,000 in grants to more than 107 benefiting nonprofit organizations.
SOURCE Cousins Subs
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances