JDog Junk Removal Franchisees Band Together for Hurricane Harvey Relief in Houston
U.S. Military Brand Using Magnetic Sweepers to Clean Up Debris, Offering Free Services to Veterans
BERWYN, Pa. - Oct. 4, 2017 // PRNewswire // - After Hurricane Harvey devastated South Texas, thousands of families are left with destroyed homes and lost belongings. To support the Houston community during this time of healing and rebuilding, franchisees of JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, a national franchise organization dedicated to providing business ownership opportunities to veterans, are uniting to send dozens of JDog trucks to Houston to provide boots-on-the-ground support.
Franchisees from JDog businesses in Houston, Dallas, Colleyville and Kyle, Texas, along with owners from Oklahoma City and Henderson, Nev., continue to work and offer clean-up services to the Houston and South Texas communities. Together, the group is collectively providing the following efforts:
- A free trailer load of junk removed for all local veterans impacted by the hurricane from JDog Lake Houston. To schedule a service, call (281) 964-7201.
- Sweeping through streets and lawns with magnets to dispose of nails, screws, and other loose metal that may have been missed during initial clean up.
- Transporting donated goods, such as water, supplies and nonperishable food items from other communities to Houston each week.
- Donations of furniture to Houston Marine Corps Junior ROTC, to help the local community in furnishing their homes.
- Reduced rates for all area junk removal services.
"I am proud to be part of a franchise system comprised of veterans ready and willing to help those in need," said Tim Colomer, owner of JDog in Houston. "JDog franchisees embody the military values of respect, integrity and trust. Through this tragedy, we are reminded of the importance to come together and support one another."
JDog franchisees operate easily recognizable, camouflage vehicles and trailers, and recycles or repurposes a substantial amount of the collected material. The Philadelphia-based company works closely with local and national organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, and local schools, churches and hospitals to donate useful items to those in need.
About JDog Junk Removal & Hauling
JDog Junk Removal & Hauling is a national company that awards franchises exclusively to military veterans and veteran family members – people who understand the notion of service to our country, hard work, and dedication. The company is committed to offering its proven operating model to veterans and military family members, enabling them to realize the American dream of business ownership. JDog has awarded more than 250 territories operating in 35 states and is actively looking for qualified franchisees to join the JDog movement nationwide. For more information on JDog Junk Removal & Hauling, please visit www.jdog.com.
Fishman Public Relations
SOURCE JDog Junk Removal & Hauling