Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom Invites Flavor Seekers To Embark On A Food Tour Across The Country
"Summer Across America" Brings Signature Items from Three Iconic Cities to Locations Nationwide
BROOMFIELD, Colo. - June 18, 2015 // PRNewswire // - Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, a national casual dining restaurant known for its delicious, handcrafted pizza and vast craft beer selection, is treating guests to tastes from around the country this summer with the launch of "Summer Across America." Participating locations nationwide will feature specialty items on their menus, representing signature dishes from New York City, Chicago and Southern California. As an added bonus, guests who order a featured specialty menu item or select beverages during the promotion will be entered into the Summer Across America sweepstakes for a chance to win a grand prize during each leg of the series. Participants will receive a scratch-off ticket and can redeem prizes from Old Chicago.
Start spreading the news: the Summer Across America series kicks off in The Big Apple! Old Chicago is showcasing New York City-inspired dishes on the menu from June 8 – July 5. In addition, the restaurant will be featuring its Spicy Angus Sandwich, Buffalo wings and the Italian Chef Salad from the recently revamped menu. Some of the best food in the country comes from NYC, including its famous pizza. And if anyone knows pizza, it's Old Chicago. To pay homage to the concrete jungle, the restaurant will debut quintessential New York-style dough. Guests will experience pizza like a true New Yorker with this thin, foldable crust served pie-style in only one size – BIG. Pizza's not the only treat for those who can't make the trip up north this summer. Other signature items include:
- 3-Alarm Wings – Named for the heroic firefighters in NYC, coated with a fiery blend of Old Chicago's Buffalo sauce, jalapenos, crushed red peppers and the 3-alarm pepper blend.
- The Big Apple's Pepperoni Pizza with New York Style Crust – Savory tomato pizza sauce topped with mozzarella, loads of pepperoni, sliced pepperoncini and a spicy garlic Parmesan cheese served on a 16" crust, providing an authentic New York taste and texture.
- Beer Braised Pastrami on Rye – New York classic deli-style sandwich with beer braised pastrami thinly sliced and piled high with melted Swiss cheese and whole grain beer mustard on a thickly sliced rye bread.
- Pastrami Burger – Juicy, tender pastrami atop a hearty beef burger crowned with Swiss cheese, lettuce tomato and peppercorn mayonnaise.
- Petite New York Cheesecake with Caramel – A perfect slice to finish the meal, New York-style vanilla cheesecake drizzled with warm caramel and fudge sauce topped with toasted walnuts.
- Big City Dill Pickles – What's a NYC meal without a kosher dill pickle? Add one on for just $1.99.
Those who order any of the above items or a featured Samuel Adams® beer will receive a scratch-off card for a chance to win a trip to see the Yankees play the Red Sox at the famed Fenway Park.
Hop on the train as the tour makes a stop in the Windy City. Old Chicago brings Midwest classics to the menu from July 6 – August 2 with signature items sure to make mouths water. The Stacked Turkey and Bacon Club and Applewood BBQ Wings from Old Chicago's new menu will accompany flavorful Chi-Town selections, which include:
- Red Line Pecan Smoked BBQ Pork Ribs – A half rack of pork ribs smoked with pecan wood then seasoned with our jerk spices and basted with applewood BBQ sauce, served with French fries, onion strings, coleslaw and an extra side of BBQ sauce. Opt for a smaller portion with an order of "The Loop" Pork Ribs.
- Beer Battered Cheese Curds – A "Magnificent Mile" sized portion of one of the Midwest's greatest creations, seasoned and served with a side of jalapeno ranch dressing for dipping.
- Windy City Rib and Chicken Plate – Full plate of the Pecan Smoked Pork Ribs and grilled BBQ chicken breast, served with French fries, onion strings and coleslaw with an extra side of applewood BBQ sauce.
- Sausage and Beer Onion Rolls – Italian sausage that's been simmered with craft beer, caramelized onions, pepper jack and mozzarella cheeses baked inside Old Chicago's signature pizza dough, garnished with parsley and served with pizza sauce.
- Bacon Jam Wings – Twice-cooked chicken wings featuring minced bacon, onions, garlic and crushed red pepper in a sweet and savory sauce.
- Chicago Dog – Jumbo all-beef hotdog topped with mustard, relish, diced onion, cucumber, tomato and sport peppers, garnished with celery salt and served inside a traditional poppy seed bun, served with choice of side.
- Monster BBLT – Stuffed with double the amount of peppered bacon, lettuce and tomato, smothered in beer cheese sauce, peppercorn, mayo and melted cheddar cheese all between two slices of toasted challah bread, served with choice of side.
- Beer Brat Mac & Cheese – Bratwurst, mushrooms, peppers and onions stirred in with Old Chicago's traditional corkscrew macaroni and rich gold beer cheese sauce, topped with cheddar cheese, parsley and buttered breadcrumbs baked to a golden brown.
Order any of the featured menu items or a Pepsi product, and guests will receive a scratch-off card for a chance to win a four-day, three-night trip to explore the best that Chicago has to offer.
A cross-country food tour wouldn't be complete without a taste of the West Coast! Starting on August 3 through August 30, Southern California favorites will be making their way onto Old Chicago's menu, accompanying the newly added Sweet Thai Chili Wings, Mediterranean Farmer Pizza, Caprese Burger and Walnut Chicken Salad. With the restaurant's expertise in pizza, this final leg of the tour will introduce a new crust to consumers. A handcrafted ale crust, thin and crispy in texture and paired with an ale aroma reinforcing Old Chicago as a craft beer authority, guests will get a true sensory experience from the first bite of this brown, bubbly crust. Guests who order the SoCal-inspired Shrimp Bacon Pizza and Chicken Crimini Artichoke Pizza are in for a burst of flavor and texture from the first bite. Other SoCal specialties include Mango Habanero Wings and a California Kale Salad that can also be ordered in a wrap with chicken. Customers can satisfy their sweet tooth with an order of Strawberry Nachos, a mouthwatering dish of pasta dips tossed in cinnamon sugar, mascarpone cheese and a mix of strawberries and blueberries, topped with a strawberry drizzle and whipped cream.
Selected Kona Brewing Company or Oskar Blues Brewing Company beers, in addition to the above, will earn guests a scratch-off card for a chance to win big ticket, Southern California-inspired gear including surfboards, long boards, bicycles and more.
In addition, the beer selections featured on the New York City and Southern California menus are also part of the Extra Innings Mini Tour, celebrating America's favorite pastime from June 10 – July 5. Visit the Summer Across America promotion page for full details on the series and sweepstakes.
A leader in the traditional casual dining space, Old Chicago has been serving handcrafted cuisine and local craft beers across the nation for 37 years. Old Chicago is committed to quality creations and to showcasing local, regional and national craft brewers while providing great value in a welcoming atmosphere. To learn more about Old Chicago, visit www.oldchicago.com.
About Old Chicago
Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom (Old Chicago) is a traditional, casual dining restaurant specializing in Chicago-style pizzas, taproom classics and craft beer. Founded in 1976, Old Chicago operates in 22 states with 100 restaurants. With over 30 craft beers on tap, Old Chicago is also the home of the World Beer Tour which rewards members for enjoying 110 of the best craft beers from across the globe. Visit www.oldchicago.com to learn more and to find the restaurant nearest you. For information about franchise opportunities, visit www.ocfranchising.com.
CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc. is the largest craft brewery restaurant operator in the country with nearly 200 franchised and company-owned restaurants primarily operating under the Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants and Rock Bottom Restaurants & Breweries brands. As a leader in the casual dining segment, CraftWorks also operates strong regional brands, including ChopHouse and Big River, and employs more than 12,000 people throughout the U.S. All of CraftWorks' restaurant brands have innovative menus with made-from-scratch food and a vast selection of unique craft beer, as well as unbeatable service and loyalty programs that tout over a half-million active members. Based in Broomfield, Colo., CraftWorks is not only committed to serving its loyal guests, but also the communities in which its restaurants operate. In 2000, the CraftWorks Foundation was formed and has contributed millions of dollars positively impacting communities throughout the country. For additional information about CraftWorks, the foundation and its craft brewery restaurant brands, please visit www.craftworksrestaurants.com.
SOURCE Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances