Study Says Baby Boomers and Gen Z Will Bring Back Traffic To Brick-and-Mortar Businesses Post-Covid-19
85% of baby boomers and 80% of Generation Zers plan to visit brick-and-mortar businesses the same or more than they did before Covid-19, according to a new survey by MomentFeed, a provider of Proximity Search Optimization. Though support from Gen Xers and Millennials is slightly lower at 76% and 69% respectively, brick-and-mortar brands can still earn these buyers' business with the right strategy. Gen Xers are likely to prefer online options for doing business, even after concern subsides, and Millennials will likely be more apt to visit businesses that provide special offers and discounts.
The study finds Generation Z is likely to be missing out on once-in-a-lifetime events like graduations and first jobs. This generation is also likely to be feeling isolated and suffering cabin fever. Research shows fun, entertaining ads might help Gen Zers feel less isolated and create connections now that will help earn their loyalty when things open back up.
- 44% of Gen Zers are concerned about contracting Covid-19, less than all other generations.
- 66% of Gen Zers said they have greatly changed their daily routines due to Covid-19, second only after Millennials.
- 68% of Gen Zers agree they are experiencing cabin fever and can't wait to get back to their regular routines, higher than all other generations.
Baby boomers will likely lead the rebound in foot traffic back to brick-and-mortar businesses across all industries as concerns subside. To stay engaged with this generation, it is important to know they are less interested in discounts and more interested in supporting their local economy.
- 85% of baby boomers will visit brick-and-mortar businesses the same or more than before Covid-19, more than any other generation.
- 78% of baby boomers agree that they plan to support small businesses, followed closely by 77% that plan to support local jobs.
- Baby boomers will put their support behind all industries, but grocery stores (90%*), banks (90%*), convenience stores (87%*), and retail establishments (87%*) will see the most support from this generation. (*percentage who say they will visit the same or more)
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories